Come experience from Japan beloved Manga Doraemon, through the works of world-renowned contemporary Japanese artists such as Takashi Murakami, Mika Ninagawa and Yoshitomo Nara.
SINGAPORE, September 3, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Happy Birthday, Doraemon! On this special day, Doraemon fans have another reason to celebrate, as The Doraemon Singapore 2022 Expo debuts away Japan at the National Museum of Singapore (NEM), of November 5, 2022 at February 5, 2023. The exhibition, presented by LEYOUKI with the support of NMS and DFW Creative Pte. Ltd., will feature contemporary artwork that reinterprets Doraemon; The historical and cultural impact of Doraemon; and original artwork by Doraemon creator Fujiko F Fujio.
First showcase outside Japan
1. The first Doraemon exhibition took place in 2002. It was revived in 2017 at the Mori Arts Center Gallery and has since toured eight Japanese cities. The presentation at the NMS, its very first outdoor edition Japan, will present Doraemon through the lens of 28 leading contemporary Japanese artists and art groups. Responding to the theme “Create your own original Doraemon”, artists will showcase their take on the beloved Japanese icon through paintings, sculptures, graphics, photography and more.
Exhibition of a collective of world-renowned artists
2. Participating artists of the exhibition include (in Japanese syllabic order): Makoto AIDA, Kayo UME, Motohiko ODANI, Ryota KUWAKUBO, Tomoko KONOIKE, Akinori GOTO, Satomi KONDO, Tomoyoshi SAKAMOTO, Masaharu SATO, ShiShi YAMAZAKI, Ai SHINOHARA, Kotobuki SHIRIAGARI, Yuta NAKAZATO, Suitou Nakatsuka, Yoshitomo NARA, Yasuyuki NISHIO, Mika NINAGAWA, Miran FUKUDA, Sebastian MASUDA, Kumi MACHIDA, M., Takashi MURAKAMI, Yasumasa MORIMURA + Junko KOIKE, YAMAGUCHI Akira, Hidenori YAMAGUCHI + Wataru ITO, Ryuki YAMAMOTO , Rena Rena (Rena Nakajima), Nozomi WATANABE.
Exciting first experiences await Doraemon fans
3. Some original drawings and sketches from the Fujiko F Fujio Museum will also be exhibited in a dedicated section called “MANGA DORAEMON Original Drawings Exhibition”, the first-ever public showcase in Asia original illustrations by Mr. Fujiko.
4. Yuki Imamuradirector of LEYOUKI, said: “As the world reopens after a two-year pandemic, we are delighted to The Doraemon Exhibition to start with its first stop in Singapore. This partnership with the National Museum of Singapore will reintroduce this adorable character in Singapore and introduce different sides of Doraemon to people of all ages and backgrounds.”
5. The Doraemon Singapore 2022 Expo will build on the success, in 2020, of The time travel adventures of Doraemon in Singapore. Chung May Khuen, director of the National Museum of Singaporesaid: “We are delighted that our visitors have enjoyed the 2020 installation campaign, which has brought joy to the museum in the midst of the pandemic. As the world reopens, we are delighted to be the first global step in The Doraemon exhibition, and I hope it inspires our visitors and evokes fond personal memories of Doraemon.”
Take Doraemon home with you
6. During this first global offshoot of The Doraemon Exhibitionvisitors and collectors can expect an exclusive range of Doraemon merchandise, including the Fujiko F Fujio Museum and the Singapore versions of the original Doraemon collectibles.
seven. Leyouki is also working closely with the Singapore Tourism Board to promote the exhibition. Further details on the artworks, designs, sketches, programs and merchandise will be revealed closer to the opening of the exhibition. The Doraemon Singapore 2022 Expo will open from November 5, 2022 at February 5, 2023 of 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Daily. Tickets at the price of 30 SGD will be on sale from September 3, 2022 at www.doraemon-exhibit.sg/tickets.
For more information, visit www.doraemon-exhibit.sg
For media inquiries, please contact:
SOURCE DFW Creative Pte. ltd.